Welcome to Endoxa Learning! We’re excited to have you here but before you start using Endoxa Learning, we do need you to look through and accept these terms. We’ve done our best to explain it all without using too much jargon, so it’s clear what we expect from you and what you can expect from us.
To make things easier, you’ll find summary paragraphs at the top of each section to give you a heads up on what’s coming up.
These are your legal rights and obligations, so please do read everything. If you can’t agree to our terms, then you can’t use our services. If you still have questions or comments after you’ve read these terms, please go to our contact page to get in touch. We’d love to help.
Last updated: 13.12.2022
Joining and using Endoxa
In this section we explain how to subscribe to Endoxa Learning and use our services. When you see a word in bold it will have the same corresponding meaning every time it’s used within these terms.
1. You and Endoxa Learning: When we say you or your, we mean you and any entity or firm you’re authorised to represent. When we say Endoxa Learning, we, our or us, we’re talking about the Endoxa Learning entity you contract with and pay fees to.
2. Our services: Our services consist of all the services we provide now or in the future, including our online educational products.
3. Creating a subscription: When you create a subscription to use our services and accept our terms, you become a subscriber. If you’re the subscriber, you’re the one responsible for paying for your subscription. Your subscription is non-transferrable.
4. People invited to use Endoxa learning: An invited user is a person other than the subscriber who has been invited to use our services through a subscription. If you’re an invited user, you must also accept these terms to use our services.
5. The right to use our services: Whether you’re a subscriber or an invited user, we grant you the right to use our services (based on your subscription type and the level of access you have been granted) for the academic year in which the subscription started or until the subscription is terminated.
6. Subscriber role: As a subscriber, you take responsibility for fully controlling how your subscription is managed and who can access it. It’s quite a big deal! For example:
- You control access to a subscription. You decide who’s invited to use our services you’ve subscribed to and what kind of access the invited user has. You can change or stop that access at any time by contacting Endoxa Learning Ltd via the contact page
- You’re responsible for resolving any disputes with any invited users over access to your subscription
- You’re responsible for all your invited users’ activity
7. The rules of the community: When you use Endoxa Learning, you agree to follow the rules outlined in section 30. Please read them and make sure you understand what you should and shouldn’t do.
8. Your responsibilities: You promise that you’ll keep your information (including a current email address) up to date. You’re responsible for protecting your username and password from getting stolen or misused. You will ensure that your password is strong and not easily guessable. The stronger the password the better!
9. When we introduce new or revised services: Since we are always thinking about how to make Endoxa Learning the best it can be, we regularly expand our services. For new or updated services, there might be additional terms. We’ll let you know what those terms are before you start using those services.
10. What we own: We own everything we’ve put into our services unless otherwise stated. This includes rights in the design, compilation and look and feel of our services. It also includes rights in all copyrighted works, trademarks, designs, inventions and other intellectual property. You agree not to copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any of our content or to use any of our intellectual property rights in any way not expressly permitted by us.
Unless you’re in a free trial or other offer period, you’ll need to pay for a subscription based on the pricing of your selected plan. The pricing details and other terms of your subscription are explained when you select your plan.
11. Trial subscriptions: When you first sign up, you may be able to opt for a free trial, based on the terms specified at the time. If you choose to continue to use our services after the trial, you’ll be asked to add your billing details into our services, explained in more detail in the pricing plan.
12. Endoxa Learning pricing plans: Your use of our services requires you to pay a monthly or annual subscription fee payable up front. The pricing plan consists of the subscription and subscription fees we offered you, including invoicing, payment and cancellation terms. We may update or amend the pricing plan from time to time. The terms of the pricing plan form part of these terms. As with any other changes to our terms, changes to the pricing plan won’t apply retrospectively and, if we make changes and you’re a subscriber, we’ll make every effort to let you know.
13. Importance of timely payments: In order to continue accessing our services, you need to make timely payments based on the pricing plan you selected. To avoid delayed or missed payments, please make sure we have accurate payment information. If we don’t receive timely payments, we may suspend access to your subscription until the payment is made.
Data use and privacy
15. Use of data you enter: While any content created by users can be used for the purpose of their education, when you enter or upload non-personal data into our services, including arguments, assignments and lessons, we host that data and you irrevocably allow us to use, copy, transmit, share with other users, store, analyse and back up all data you submit to us through our services. This will: enable you and others to use our services; allow us to improve, develop and protect our services; allow us to create new services and marketing materials and communicate with you about your subscription; and send you information we think may be of interest to you based on your marketing preferences. From time to time we may send you emails with updates explaining new content, new features, offers, etc. If you do not wish to receive these, click the unsubscribe link at the end of the email.
16. Data breach notifications: Where we think there has been unauthorised access to personal data inside your subscription, we’ll let you know and give you information about what has happened.
To help protect our services and your data, we take security seriously and you should too.
17. Security safeguards: We’ve invested in technical, physical and administrative safeguards to do our part to help keep your data safe and secure. While we’ve taken steps to help protect your data, no method of electronic storage is completely secure and we cannot guarantee absolute security. We will notify you if there appears to be unauthorised access to your account and we may also restrict access to parts of our services until you verify that access was by an authorised user.
18. Playing your part to secure your data: You have an important part to play by keeping your login details secure, by not letting any other person use them and by making sure you have strong security on your own systems. If you realise there’s been any unauthorised use of your password or any breach of security to your account or email address linked to your account, you need to let us know immediately.
Apps and third-party providers
To help make your Endoxa Learning experience even more interesting, the Endoxa Learning ecosystem includes apps and other products and services made available by trusted partners.
19. Third party products: Along with the use of our services, you may use data, services and apps from other companies (third party products), for example, Wikipedia to find argument examples. Any third party providing a third-party product is a provider and is independent of us.
20. Third-party terms and descriptions: Third-party products are subject to terms and conditions and privacy notices set by their providers. These include how the provider will use your data that you make available to them. Be sure to read and make sure you agree to their terms and conditions and understand their approach on personal and non-personal data before you connect to them. We are not responsible for websites we link to.
Maintenance, downtime and data loss
We really try to minimise any downtime, but sometimes it’s necessary so we can keep our services updated and secure. You also may have occasional access issues and may experience data loss, so backing up your data is important.
21. Availability: We strive to maintain the availability of our services. On occasion, we need to perform maintenance on our services and this may require a period of downtime. We try to minimise any such downtime. Where planned maintenance is being undertaken which will last more than several hours, we will notify you in advance.
22. Access issues: You know how the internet works – occasionally you might not be able to access our services and your data. This might happen for any number of reasons, at any time.
23. Data loss: Data loss is an unavoidable risk when using any technology. Endoxa Learning runs online backups. It’s encrypted and stored so that it is safe, secure and available when you need it. However, no method of electronic storage is completely without risk of loss.
24. Problems and support: If you have a problem, we have excellent explanation videos and support articles available within the App.
25. Modifications: We frequently release new updates, modifications and enhancements to our services and in some cases, discontinue features. Where this occurs, we’ll endeavour to notify you where practical (for example, by newsletter, on our blog, or within our services when you login).
Do’s and Don’ts
This section is super important because it outlines how you can (and can’t) use our services. Much of it will be common sense.
26. Feedback: We love your feedback, including suggestions and comments. We may use it without restriction and without obligation to you. You can contact us using the contact page.
27. Help using our services: We provide a lot of guidance and support to help you use our services. Your Endoxa Learning subscription is provided for educational purposes, and you agree to only use our services for educational purposes and in line with the instructions and guidance we provide. You agree not to use the site for any commercial or business purposes, without express permission from Endoxa Learning Ltd. Please contact us using the contact page.
28. Sharing information with Endoxa Learning: Within Endoxa Learning, you can share information such as arguments and comments. Only share private information if you’re happy for others to know it, and don’t post anything you don’t have the right to share, for example third-party intellectual property, such as long passages from books. We will remove such material without notice.
29. No-charge or beta services: Occasionally we may offer a service at no charge – for example a beta service, or a time-limited trial. Because of the nature of these services, you use them at your own risk.
30. While we can’t cover everything here, we do want to highlight a few more examples of things you mustn’t ever do:
- Undermine the security or integrity of our computing systems or networks.
- Use our services in any way that might impair functionality or interfere with other people’s use
- Access any system without permission
- Introduce or upload anything to our services that includes viruses or other malicious code
- Share anything that may be offensive, violates any law, or infringes on the rights of others
- Modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or extract the source code of any part of our services
- Resell, lease or provide our services in any way not expressly permitted through our services
- Repackage, resell, or sublicense any data accessed through our services
- Commit fraud or other illegal acts through our services
- Act in a manner that is abusive or disrespectful to an Endoxa Learning employee, partner or other Endoxa Learning customer. We will not tolerate any abuse or bullying of our Endoxa Learning employees in any situation and that includes interaction with our support teams.
Users who do any of these things may be warned, suspended or banned from the system.
This outlines our terms and conditions for termination for both you and Endoxa Learning.
31. Subscription period: Your subscription continues for the period covered by the subscription fee. There is no option to choose to terminate early, except for cause.
32. Termination by the Subscriber for Cause: You may terminate or suspend your subscription immediately if:
- Endoxa Learning breaches any of these terms and does not remedy the breach within 14 days after receiving notice of the breach
- Endoxa Learning breaches any of these terms and the breach cannot be remedied
- Endoxa Learning becomes insolvent
In these cases, you will be entitled to repayment of the remaining part of your subscription, pro-rata to the end of the subscription period.
33. Termination by Endoxa Learning for Cause: Endoxa Learning may terminate or suspend your subscription, your access to all or any data or that of any invited user immediately if:
- you breach any of these terms and do not remedy the breach within 14 days after receiving notice of the breach
- you breach any of these terms and the breach cannot be remedied
- you fail to pay subscription fees, or
- you become insolvent
34. Retention of your data: Once a subscription is terminated by you or us, it is stored and the data submitted or created by you is no longer available to you.
Liability and Indemnity
This section is important as it outlines liability terms between us and both subscribers and invited users, so we urge you to read it closely and in full.
35. Legal Liability: Nothing in these terms shall be construed to limit or exclude either party’s liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by its negligence
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- Any breach of any obligations implied by Section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or Section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
36. Disclaimer of warranties: Our services are made available to you on an ‘as is’ basis. Subject to the consumer law terms (see ‘Consumer law’, below), we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including any implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
37. Limitation of liability: Other than liability that we can’t exclude or limit by law, our liability to you in connection with our services or these terms, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise is limited as follows:
- We have no liability arising from your use of our services for you or your invided users’ grades, exam performance, career or lifetime earnings, future opportunities or any other event or outcomes in the user’s life, regardless of any usage or claims.
- Endoxa Learning is not liable for business losses arising from your use of our services. If a subscriber uses the services for any commercial or business purpose, Endoxa Learning Ltd will have no liability towards them for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- For loss or corruption of your data, our liability will be limited to taking reasonable steps to try and recover that data from our available back-ups.
This section outlines how disputes may be resolved.
38. Dispute resolution: Most of your concerns can be resolved quickly and to everyone’s satisfaction by contacting us via our contact page. If we’re unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction (or if we haven’t been able to resolve a dispute we have with you after attempting to do so informally), you and we agree to resolve those disputes through binding arbitration or small claims court instead of in courts of general jurisdiction. You and we agree that any dispute must be brought in the parties’ individual capacity and not as plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding.
Here we set out some additional items. Take a read as they cover important issues.
40. Trademarks & Patents: Endoxa Learning is a trade mark of Endoxa Learning Ltd. You are not permitted to use the trademarks without approval. The technology underlying the Endoxa Learning platform is the subject of UK patent application no. PCT/GB2020/050866 and US patent application no. 17599478. All rights relating to the patent application are hereby reserved.
41. Events outside our control: We do our best to control the controllables. We aren’t liable to you for any failure or delay in performance of any of our obligations under these terms arising out of any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
42. Notices: Any notice you send to Endoxa Learning must be sent using our contact page. Any notices we send to you will be sent to the email address you’ve provided us through your subscription.
43. Consumer laws: Endoxa Learning does not exclude or limit in any way its liability to Subscribers where it would be unlawful to do so.
44. Relationship between the parties: Nothing in these terms is to be construed as constituting a partnership, joint development agreement, joint venture, joint venture, employment or agency relationship between you and us, or between you and any other subscriber or invited user. You are solely responsible for resolving disputes between you and any other subscriber or invited user.
45. Changes to these terms: We sometimes will decide to change these terms. But don’t worry, changes won’t apply retrospectively and, if we make changes which do apply to you, we will let you know in writing and ask you to accept them. You can keep track of changes to our terms by referring to the version and the date last updated at the top of the terms. Generally, we endeavour to provide you with 30 days’ notice of material changes before they become effective, unless we need to make immediate changes for reasons we don’t have control over. When we notify you, we’ll do it by email or by posting a visible notice through our services. If a change is not material, we may not notify you. If you find a modified term unacceptable, you may terminate your subscription by giving the standard advance notice to Endoxa Learning.
46. Enforcement of terms: If there’s any part of these terms that either one of us is unable to enforce, we’ll ignore that part but everything else will remain enforceable.
47. Interpretation: Words like ‘include’ and ‘including’ are not words of limitation and where anything is within our discretion we mean our sole discretion.
You’ve made it to the end. Thank you for reading our terms!